Hide author name/last updated on Confluence Server?

Andrew Girardeau-Dale March 15, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to hide authors name(created by) in a page

This article explains how to hide the time and author of the last update to a page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-to-hide-authors-name-created-by-in-a-page-701600769.html

Hovewer, I have only have an option for "PDF Stylesheet," and no option for simply "Stylesheet." Is this due to me using Confluence Cloud instead of Confluence Server?

3 answers

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Have you asked Atlassian support about this? It may be restricted so that you can't add CSS but they may be able to do it on their end. I have a server version so I don't know much about what restrictions the cloud version has.

0 votes
Andrew Girardeau-Dale March 15, 2016

Turns out, per the following page, that styling Confluence with CSS is restricted (can't be used on Cloud):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/styling-confluence-with-css-166528400.html

I have to say this really doesn't make sense to me given that Confluence Cloud offers a CSS Macro. Right now I'm just adding that macro to all my existing pages and making a template for new pages, but this is a lot of work (especially if I later want CSS changes) with no real point since there could just be a global CSS setting.

0 votes
Alex Yasurek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

This requires having administration permission for the instance, not a space. I am not sure though if its different on the Cloud instance but on the server instance you would click on the gear icon on the top right corner, then General Configuration from the drop down, then look for the "Look and Feel" section on the left side navigation and look for stylesheet there. If you can't get to this section then you may not have Confluence admin permission. You may need to ask Confluence support to do it for you if you are an admin but still can't see it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events