Hide a user in People Directory; disable active directory users

Stephen Pierce March 14, 2012

For some reason, the administration user is listed three times on the 'People Directory'. How do I hide a user from the people directory?

I have connected confluence to our Active Directory. There are a lot of users listed who are role accounts (SharePoint Administrator). However, no one shows up in the People Directory. Once someone logs in, they show up. I like this behavior, but I have to ask: What's controlling this?

Last question, with those 'non-people' accounts, how do I tell Confluence to disable them on an individual basis; rather than crafting an LDAP query during the import?

Thanks,

Steve

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2012

The people directory relies on the creation of personal information objects (ie. the blob that holds all the user's profile details) in the Confluence database - these only get created when a user first logs in.

I too have seen the "administrator shows up three times in the people directory" problem, but I'm not sure what causes it... Can you have a look in your database to see if it's been duplicated for some reason?

select * from content where contenttype = 'USERINFO';

To disable the service accounts that are coming in from your active directory, either configure them to not have any memberships in any groups that have permission to do anything in Confluence (ie. the user exists in Confluence, but doesn't have permission to do anything - this is equivalent to a disabled user, and won't count towards your licence limit) or, as you say, configure your LDAP import with a more restrictive import filter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events