Hide Confluence sidebar default theme

Chris Ewe May 14, 2013

Hi,

is it possible to hide the sidebar in the defult theme?

With the documentation theme it's possible hide it.

Regards, Chris

6 answers

4 votes
akiko_pusu October 28, 2014

Hello.

I'm not familiar with CSS, but I've just modified my personal space style with Confluence default theme (not Documentation theme).

It seems sidebar is hidden.

I hope this would be any help...

div.theme-default .ia-splitter #main {
    margin-left: 0px;
}
.ia-fixed-sidebar, .ia-splitter-left {
    display: none;
}
div#main {
    margin-left: 0px !important;
}
div#footer {
  margin-left: 0px !important;
}
Jason Brison November 10, 2017

This works for Confluence 6.3 also.

2 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

You can use the HTML macro and some CSS to hide it. You'll need to use an inspector to suss what is appropriate for your version of Confluence. For example, in 5.1:

<style>

#splitter-sidebar {
	width:0 !important;
}

#splitter-button,  
#splitter .vsplitbar {
 	display:none !important;
}

</style>

Jim Bethancourt January 3, 2014

Works like a charm! Thanks!

Suyash Jain _Appfire_ May 11, 2019

it worked for me too. Thanks 

0 votes
Gina Groom September 21, 2018

This too works like a charm: 

div#full-height-container div.ia-splitter .ia-fixed-sidebar {display: none !important;visibility:hidden !important;}
0 votes
LeAnne Katz April 28, 2014

This works for 5.4 at least... maybe more - my admins just gave me this one and it works to get rid of the sidebar when you add it to your stylesheet.

div#splitter-sidebar {display: none;visibility:hidden;}

Copy the address of the Space Administration page first and save it somewhere you can access it whenever you want since you're going to be hiding the Space Tool button permanently.

0 votes
Sean King
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Push the "[" key to minimize the sidebar. I recommend you don't totally remove the sidebar as it'll remove your Space Tools link.

You can use jQuery and add CSS to the space or site wide to set the sidebar to it's minimized state.

Or if you're really set on removing the sidebar

Manuela Raschke September 16, 2013

We would like to do just that - minimize the sidebar when opening a certain space. How can I do that?

0 votes
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2013

Hi Chris,

Can you clarify which version of Confluence you're asking about? I'm assuming 5.1.x but I don't want to assume.... I'm sure you know the saying...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events