Hide Confluence sidebar default theme

Hi,

is it possible to hide the sidebar in the defult theme?

With the documentation theme it's possible hide it.

Regards, Chris

5 answers

You can use the HTML macro and some CSS to hide it. You'll need to use an inspector to suss what is appropriate for your version of Confluence. For example, in 5.1:

<style>

#splitter-sidebar {
	width:0 !important;
}

#splitter-button,  
#splitter .vsplitbar {
 	display:none !important;
}

</style>

Works like a charm! Thanks!

Hello.

I'm not familiar with CSS, but I've just modified my personal space style with Confluence default theme (not Documentation theme).

It seems sidebar is hidden.

I hope this would be any help...

div.theme-default .ia-splitter #main {
    margin-left: 0px;
}
.ia-fixed-sidebar, .ia-splitter-left {
    display: none;
}
div#main {
    margin-left: 0px !important;
}
div#footer {
  margin-left: 0px !important;
}

This works for Confluence 6.3 also.

Hi Chris,

Can you clarify which version of Confluence you're asking about? I'm assuming 5.1.x but I don't want to assume.... I'm sure you know the saying...

Push the "[" key to minimize the sidebar. I recommend you don't totally remove the sidebar as it'll remove your Space Tools link.

You can use jQuery and add CSS to the space or site wide to set the sidebar to it's minimized state.

Or if you're really set on removing the sidebar

We would like to do just that - minimize the sidebar when opening a certain space. How can I do that?

This works for 5.4 at least... maybe more - my admins just gave me this one and it works to get rid of the sidebar when you add it to your stylesheet.

div#splitter-sidebar {display: none;visibility:hidden;}

Copy the address of the Space Administration page first and save it somewhere you can access it whenever you want since you're going to be hiding the Space Tool button permanently.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

372 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you