Hibernate error while trying to restore a site.

joshua kugler August 12, 2012

I have a 1.5GB zip file of a site that I'm trying to restore in another site. Both Confluence 3.3 (Yes, I know old...I'm setting up a site to test upgrade procedures).

The source site completed the backup, thus I have this zip file. Trying to import it into the other site (from a zip file on the file system) goes for a while, then dies with this the message below.

1. Did some googling/searching. My wait timeout and interactive timeout for MySQL are both eight hours (28,800 seconds)

2. My proxy timeout is set to 30 minutes, so that's not the issue.

3. Related: how do I reset my database so I can try again? Going to wiki.domain.com/ now gives me a redirect loop with messages in the logs about "2012-08-13 00:07:51,835 ERROR [TP-Processor8] [atlassian.confluence.servlet.ConfluenceServletDispatcher] serviceAction There is no Action mapped for namespace /setup and action name complete"

2012-08-12 22:38:52,429 ERROR [Importing data task] [confluence.importexport.actions.ImportLongRunningTask] runInternal Failure during import
 -- referer: http://wiki-up.lab.whamcloud.com/setup/setup-restore-start.action | url: /setup/setup-restore-local.action | userName: anonymous | action: setup-resto
re-local
org.springframework.dao.DataAccessResourceFailureException: Hibernate operation: could not insert: [com.atlassian.confluence.core.BodyContent#2785411]; SQL []; Com
munications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 357,882 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 19,646 milliseconds ago.; 
nested exception is com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 357,882 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 19,646 milliseconds ago.
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

The last packet successfully received from the server was 357,882 milliseconds ago.  The last packet sent successfully to the server was 19,646 milliseconds ago.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Amalia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

It seems that this KB is related: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Getting+'Communications+link+failure'+CommunicationsException+Error+when+Making+XML+Backup

However, it's strongly recommended to perform a production backup instead of using the XML backup as this is known to be unreliable for large instances. The general steps that you need to do is:

1. Create a database dump of your Confluence db using the db tool
  2. Restore the database and name it to something else
  3. Copy the Home Directory and paste it to a new location
  4. Edit the confluence-init.properties file in <Installation-Directory>/confluence/WEB-INF/classes/ and update confluence.home to point to your Confluence Home directory (see step 3)
  5. Edit confluence.cfg.xml to update the database name (see step 2)
joshua kugler August 13, 2012

The import/export page mentions that archives larger than 2GB were not supported. I assumed archives smaller were supported. I sync'ed the database, and rsync'ed the attachment and thumbnail directories over (in ~/data) and that seemed to bring everything over properly.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events