Hi,I need to add custom divisions in my page and configure it using javascript?

arjunsudhas July 17, 2018

when i tried this using inbuilt html macro i was not able to do it on the div macros.when i wrote the div code inside the html code i was not able to style it.

is this feature to configure divisions and styling using js available in confluence cloud?

if not when to expect the same in confluence cloud.

i would like to add to my question.i want to create lists(sharepoint like) in my confluence pages,how to do this?any feature available?

1 answer

0 votes
Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2018

Hi Arjun!

Custom divs/Javascript

You can add custom divs and javascript onto a page in Confluence Server using the HTML macro. If you include the code you're using, I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can tell why it's not working as expected.

Cloud availability

Custom divs/styling is not available in Confluence Cloud, and there are no plans to add this in the near future (see Restricted functions in Confluence Cloud, CONFCLOUD-7629 – A secure HTML macro).

There are, however, third-party plugins that offer this functionality. You can search the Atlassian Marketplace and find plugins like...

Sharepoint lists

I'm not familiar with Sharepoint lists. Could you describe the functionality you're looking for along with a screenshot of an example?

Thanks!
Zak

arjunsudhas July 26, 2018

SharePoint list is a container for information, similar to a very simple database or spreadsheet. Using a list is the most common way to manage information in a SharePoint site. In a list, data is gathered in rows, and each row is known as a list item.

list.png

when you wish to add dynamic information we updates list so that it will be easily reflected in page.

Zak Laughton
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2018

Unfortunately, Confluence does not offer this specific type of functionality. If you just want to organize information in a grid, you could use a Confluence table, but this doesn't offer updating of dynamic information.

However, there are a few  third-party plugins in the Atlassian Marketplace that offer Sharepoint connectivity that may have some of the functionality you're looking for. See some in the search results here.

There is also a feature request open with with our developers to provide Sharepoint list-like functionality in Confluence: CONFSERVER-54037. Feel free to vote and comment on this feature request to help give our developers more context around the suggestion (see also: Implementation of New Features Policy).

Thanks!
Zak

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events