Help with site search in Google Analytics (Confluence Cloud)

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2017

I'm using the Analytics for Confluence Cloud plugin, and I connected it with a Google Analytics account.  I also followed these steps to track site searches in Google Analytics: 

Go to Admin > View Settings

Site search tracking: On

Query parameter: queryString,searchQuery.queryString

Site search categories: On

Category parameter: key,searchQuery.spaceKey,where

Are these incorrect, or am I missing some other information?  Google Analytics is tracking site views, but not site searches (even though I know I've searched the site several times over the past week.) 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2017

For anyone who might come across this, I learned that the problem is due to a bug in Confluence where search data isn't being sent to the add-on:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/CE-1096

Hope to see it resolved soon!

Russell Shirley September 2, 2017

Thanks I also voted for the bug to be corrected

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2018

Just wanted to share with anyone who's interested that this bug in Confluence is finally fixed! The Analytics for Confluence Cloud plugin is now sending site search data to Google Analytics as expected.

0 votes
mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2018

Hi all

The bug might have been fixed, but I still have troubles tracking my search queries.

Is the configuration reported by Susan on top of this ticket still actual?

Is there anything else I have to do to see the search parameters?

I am using the "Google Analytics in Confluence"  plugin.

Thank you for any help in this one, I am working on it since a while and I still do not see my search terms. 

Susan Ostreicher
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2018

@mfabris, it sounds like that might be a different plugin from the one I'm using.  Have you tried contacting the vendor for support? 

mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2018

Thank you for the quick response!

I doubted so, I must be with a different one.

I will surely contact the vendor, it's in their interest to make this improvement.

thanks Susan!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events