Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with creating a button with mailto

Jayson Lane _Atlassian_ April 19, 2018

I have a link embedded in an HTML Macro which enacts mailto and brings up a new message with subject and body information, but would really like it to look and interact exactly like the Create from Template Macro button.  Any thoughts?

1 answer

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2018

Jayson, 

You should be able to use the HTML macro with Javascript and CSS to create and style the button if you are familiar with those technologies. Otherwise, you could try to create a User Macro to do so. For more information on User Macros, read here.

If you are not, then you could use a 3rd party add-on for this, such as Custom Button for Confluence. There are likely to be many add-ons in Marketplace to help you with that, so I would recommend having a look.

Regards,

Shannon

Jayson Lane _Atlassian_ April 20, 2018

Thanks so much for the response Shannon.  I was able to figure it out with a Macro:

I used the AUI Button Hyperlink Macro, but it would NOT let me initially put in a mailto <a href>.  I got around this by putting in a dummy URL and saving the page.  I went back to edit it and put the mailto command directly into the URL property.  It has ?subject and &body too.  I was also able to use a mail icon on the button from a drop down.

Hope this helps someone else! :)

Jayson

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2018

Jayson,

Thank you for confirming that! I'm not familiar with that macro. It appears to be part of a 3rd party add-on from Adaptavist. 

Glad it worked for you!

Take care and kind regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events