Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with OKR template in Confluence

Johan Jönsson January 2, 2019

Hi,

I want to create a new template so that our teams can enter their OKR's (objectives & key results) in Confluence.

My thought is to create a template that aggregates all the values to the main page. Example on page structure:

1. Main page
    1. Team 1
    2. Team 2
    3. Team 3

The values are:

• Division objective (only a few)
    • Team objective (could be several, but they need to be related to division objectives)
    • Key result (related to Team objective)
    • Score (related to Key result)

Shouldn't be that hard, right? Anyone have any clue if this is possible? Maybe a custom macro of some sort?

4 answers

6 votes
johndpatton February 21, 2019

This is my template - mostly hand copied form the summit slide
OKR_Template.png

and this is the page properties macroEdit_Template.png

2 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

Johan,

You can create your own template in Confluence, but I would also recommend having a look at our OKR Playbook.

Let me know if you have any questions about that!

Regards,

Shannon

Johan Jönsson January 7, 2019

Hi Shannon and thank you for your reply. I've looked at the OKR Playbook, but as I understand it, it does not support Confluence 6.13.0 - it that correct?

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2019

That is correct, Johan.

I'm working to get in touch with the Playbook team, in order to see if we can get any information about future releases.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Shannon

Johan Jönsson January 7, 2019

Great, thanks a lot Shannon. Please let me know if you get an update from the Playbook team.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2019

Hi Johan,

At this time the current OKR Playbook is the only one that is released, and it doesn't seem to be in the upcoming roadmap to release for 6.13. 

I'm waiting to hear back to see if this is something that one of the team members is working on currently, and I will keep you updated.

Regards,

Shannon

Rahul Savaikar February 21, 2019

Hello @Shannon S ,

Why is it mentioned that the plugin is Unsupported by the Atlassian Labs?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1217975/team-playbook-okrs?hosting=server&tab=overview

Also, are there any plans to release future versions supporting the Confluence DC?

Regards,

Rahul Savaikar

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 21, 2019

Rahul,

The add-on is unsupported because it is developed by Atlassian Labs.

You can click on the name of the vendor to see why:

About Atlassian Labs

Experiments released into the world! Atlassian Labs holds unsupported apps and personal projects by Atlassian developers. Although you may find unique and highly useful functionality in the Atlassian Labs apps, Atlassian takes no responsibility for your use of these apps. The apps are often developed in conjunction with Atlassian hack-a-thons and ShipIt days and are provided to you completely “as-is”, with all bugs and errors, and are not supported by Atlassian. Unless licensed otherwise by Atlassian, the Atlassian Labs apps are subject to Section 14 of the Cloud Terms of Service – https://www.atlassian.com/legal/cloud-terms-of-service – or Section 8 of the Software License Agreement – https://www.atlassian.com/legal/software-license-agreement, as applicable, and are "No-Charge Products" as defined therein.

Contact

Atlassian Labs

atlassian-labs-vendor@atlassian.com

I hope that clarifies things.

@Johan Jönsson - from my understanding, this is not in the upcoming roadmap at this time, but please feel free to keep an eye on the thread or reach out to the email above to obtain more details.

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
johndpatton July 30, 2019

Just wanted to mention that the Confluence Cloud instances now have the OKR Template as well as many others available:

Confluence.png

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2019

Thanks for the heads-up on that, John. Hopefully that means it will get folded into Confluence Server ... soon :)

Angus Beath November 5, 2019

Just a bump - this is still not updated for Confluence 7 :-(

JD June 22, 2020

Hi @johndpatton - I'm looking at embedding the Jira OKR info into a Confluence page related to individual teams - any ideas or tips here would be greatly appreciated!

Like Matthias Fahsold likes this
Matthias Fahsold December 24, 2020

Hey JD, we are planning something very similar. Have you yet found a good solution?

johndpatton April 20, 2022

Sorry as far as I have seen there is no change - Server is long forgotten by Atlassian sadly - Data Center soon to follow...  

0 votes
Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2019

I'd like to add to the list of people asking for this to support newer versions of Confluence. The best outcome would be if this was actually folded into Confluence along with the other Team Playbooks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events