Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help to create a list of line items shown in a table on Confluence page.

Richard Blackie April 19, 2018

So that I can show the viewer the main core line items as a list at the top of the page.

So that the parent identifier can be linked as a quick access feature.

So that the viewer do not have to scroll down the large page of line items.

UC 0.1 

UC 0.2

etc 

Conflence list.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2018

Hi Richard,

I think we're having a bit of difficulty understanding what it is you want. Could you maybe clarify a bit more?

It seems like you want three different things:

1. You want to list the items under Description at the top of the page. You can use excerpt include macro to include an excerpt from another page if you don't want to have to type it again.
  2. You want to be able to link to the item under Parent Identifier. I would use anchor links here.
  3. You want to make it so in the Description column you don't want to have to scroll down to read through the list of items. Perhaps Sticky Table Headings would help here? Otherwise, I don't really know what else could help but there may be 3rd party add-ons on Marketplace that could help you with that. Perhaps Table Filter and Charts for Confluence? 

Regards,

Shannon

Richard Blackie April 25, 2018

Hello Shannon,

Thanks for your advice. I have tried to follow the instructions to add a table filter but I must be doing something wrong because I do not have the option to apply a filter to my table.

Perhaps I need to contact my administrator as I may not have the rights to create table filters.

Thanks

Regards Richard

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2018

Richard, 

So to confirm, you've installed the 3rd party add-on Table Filter and Charts, and now there's no option to apply? I've tagged the add-on vendor here so they can get back to you about your issue.

Regards,

Shannon

Hi Shannon,

It is most likely me not doing something right.  If we can connect via a weblink perhaps I could show and discuss with you what I would like to do with my table.

Regards Richard

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2018

Hi Richard,

If you can just first confirm that you did install the 3rd party add-on I mentioned that provides this functionality, the vendor will be able to reach out to you in order to assist you with any issues you have with it.

Regards,

Shannon

Yes I selected the macro Insert Jira Issue/Filter but I am struggling to get it to work not finding my table in confluence.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
April 25, 2018

Hi Richard,

I understand the confusion here. My suggestion was not to use the Jira Issues Macro, which is a completely different macro.

My suggestion was to install an add-on called Table Filter and Charts. This is a Paid Add-on and it requires a subscription. Have a look at the pricing for Server here. If you're on Cloud, the pricing is different. See Cloud Pricing.

You can start a Free Trial for this add-on if you're not sure you want to buy. To do so, go to your Confluence instance, click Find New Add-ons while in your Administration panel, and search for the name of the add-on there, Table Filter and Charts. You can start your new trial here.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events