Hello current logged in user

Quite simply I would like to create content that has structure around the current logged in user. I have not found anything yet that allows me to utilize such data. I thought I could use {user-info:FullName} and {user-info:Email} but presents my information (page creator?) and not the current user viewing the page.

As the page is written I would like to present two things to the user in a greeting to start with.

Hello {logged in user},

Welcome to the marketing team, your email address is {logged in users email address}

Where this would present to the user as

Hello Bob Smith,

Welcome to the marketing team, your email address is bob.smith@example.com

I may have other uses for this but this is the simplist fashion in which it could be used.

1 answer

1 accepted

Reporting plugin (https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/186) has user information. Also, the Run Plugin has pre-defined variables including those you listed.

I went with Run Plugin as it had the variables predefined and I may find other uses for it.

The way I ended up implementing this was a wiki html form posting to SalesForce and it works perfectly. Below is a format example of how I implemented it.

THANKS!

Hello, {run-now}$current_user_name

Please use this form to submit your request. This will create a case in SalesForce
{html}
<form action="https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToCase?encoding=UTF-8" method="POST">
<label for="name">Name:&nbsp;&nbsp;</label><input id="name" maxlength="80" name="name" size="20" type="text" value={html}$current_user_name{html} readonly style="border: 0"/><br>
<label for="email">Email:&nbsp;&nbsp;</label><input id="email" maxlength="80" name="email" size="20" type="text" value={html}$current_user_email{html} readonly style="border: 0"/><br>
<input type="submit" name="submit">
</form>
{html}
{run-now}

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

901 views 23 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you