Health check failed,Index error Lucene

史海坤 February 19, 2021

error log:

Exception during health check invocation com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'tenantedLuceneConnection' defined in class path resource [indexingSubsystemContext.xml]: Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.atlassian.bonnie.LuceneConnection]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is com.atlassian.bonnie.LuceneException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/index/segments_6c (Permission denied)

I don't know what to do

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2021

Note the "Permission denied" in the error message.  This almost certainly means the index files or directories have the wrong permissions on them, and the user running Confluence does not have the read/write/execute/delete access it requires

This usually happens when someone (re)starts Confluence as the wrong user (usually root), and that user takes ownership of any files it writes to, which then locks the correct user out of them.  When the correct user is used to start Confluence next time, it can't access the files it needs.

Check the ownership and permissions of the files in the home and install directories first.  If you do have this case, you then need to stop Confluence, change ownership or permissions of the files, restart Confluence and then visit Admin -> Indexing and run a full re-index

Note that although I've said to look at ownership and permissions, in 99.9999% of cases, it is just ownership - root or your user will have taken ownership of *some* of the files, and the command chown -R confluence:confluence run against confluence-home and confluence-install will fix it without needing to touch the rwx flags (assumes you have a user called "confluence" for running Confluence!)

史海坤 March 11, 2021

I solved my problem. Thanks

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2021

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events