Headings in expand macro display in TOC but don't take to the actual heading when clicked on

Tamara Siekmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2019

Hi,

Not sure if this is a bug or an add-on but I find it really odd that headings in expandable sections can display in TOCs but don't take to the actual heading when clicked on from the TOC but do nothing. Is this a bug? Or is there an additional feature for this macro my Confluence server v6.13  doesn't have?

Thanks,

Tamara

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hi Tamara,

this is a known issue and can be viewed in the official public issue tracker: CONFSERVER-27357 - Anchors should link to an expanded content instead of staying closed

As long as the macro is not expanded you cannot jump to content using links but a clever user provided a script serving as a workaround. So maybe you want to try that.

Best, Max

Tamara Siekmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 18, 2019

Hi,

thanks for the quick reply. Do anchors work the same way as TOC headings though? So I should set headings in expand macros as anchors instead inside of a TOC if I want to use this workaround?

Thanks,

Tamara

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2019

Hey,

links to headings from your TOC macro and links to anchors are basically the same. Just have a look at what they are linking to and how the URL is structured. So both of them won't work correctly if they are embedded in an expand macro. The macro is taking care of automatically expanding the expand macro to jump to the desired content if I'm not mistaken. You don't have to replace anything.

Best, Max

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events