Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having some trouble with our Admin Account

Chris.T March 26, 2022

We setup an Admin account under a generic email address that all my staff could access. This was done by one of my staff without me realising.

I tried changing the email address of the admin account to reflect mine and now I've lost access to the admin  account but I can now log in as my user with no admin access.

Luckily I've done this reasonably early in the game however I would like to not lose my work so far.

I cannot get on to Confluence support, and they've said to contact my Admin, which is me. Does anyone know the best way to proceed with this?

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2022

Hi @Chris.T 

To confirm, you only had one Org Admin/Product Admin - under this generic email?

Does anyone else in the team still have access to the other account? Or can you login to it from a different browser / incognito mode?

Ste

Chris.T March 26, 2022

Hi Stephen,

Thanks. Incognito worked for me. I logged in as the generic email address. Granted myself Org Admin access. I'll go and test it now, and if it works, I'll remove the Org Admin access from the Generic Account.

Thanks for your help!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2022

Hi Chris,

No problem! If this helped answer your question, could you accept it?

It helps other users who find this question know this answer can help solve it!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events