Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having an issue with the JIRA Issue Macro not showing data in tables

Larry March 30, 2020

When setting up the JIRA Issue macro I receive the following error message for JQL or for a filter:  

"The Jira server didn't understand your search query. If you entered JQL, please ensure that it's correctly formed. If you entered an issue key, ensure that it exists and you have permission to view it.".

1) I can see the data if I run the query within JIRA

2) I can use the same JQL or filter within a Jira chart in the same macro and the data renders correctly without the error

3) I have tried the workarounds in this ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-65911

Any thoughts on next steps for troubleshooting this?

5 answers

0 votes
Greg Williams August 21, 2020

We we're getting the same issue and have a workaround (if you have more than one tenant linked):

EDIT: We're on Jira Cloud so result may vary

1. In the dropdown to the right, choose another tenant (any will suffice, in this instance, System Jira is the intended target):

image.png

2. Go back to the dropdown to the right and re-select the targeted tenant (in this instance, System Jira is the intended target):

image.png

3. Re-enter your search and the results should appear:
    image.png

0 votes
Larry April 1, 2020

this didn't seem to address the issue on the first try.  We are going to try in our  test environment to give us some additional troubleshooting flexibility.

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2020

@Larry , I've seen similar discussions to this one before. Have you followed the steps on the article Confluence Issue Macro not able to display issues from JIRA? This probably will help you here or at least it will give you some insights. 

Cheers,

IL

0 votes
Larry March 30, 2020

Confluence 6.13.8

I have attached two error messages - one in preview and one in the fully rendered page.  The pie chart to the right of the error message is using the same filter.  The JQL underneath the filter is: "labels = DR-4339-PR-NCR"

JIra Issue error.PNGJIra Issue Macro with rendering pie chart.PNG

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2020

Hey @Larry , it would be great if you can share a screenshot, your JQL and the Confluence version you're in so that we can assess your question a bit better.

Cheers,

IL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events