Have you recently installed confluence on a Ubuntu server successfully?

It only works for me in trial mode.

If I try to install a 10 user license and have it work with postgresql, it keeps failing with some i18NBean error.  I would like to know if anyone has had luck with this recently.

The ubuntu I am running is:

Welcome to Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-96-generic x86_64)

1 answer

0 vote

Is it a clean installation on a new server or has it been installed and removed a few times.

When confluence starts, can you add the license key through the admin panel to pull it out of trial?

It has been installed and removed many times.  I remove both confluence directories as well.  I removed nginx just in case.  I removed and reinstalled postgres.

I would LIKE to reinstall Ubuntu Server and then as a first thing install confluence, but I FEAR my license will not work in that case.

I did not try to license a trial version, I want to get it onto postgres instead of using the in memory DB.

The postgres log shows errors, but even bumping the confluence postgres user to sysadmin doesn't resolve them.

I also note that the confluence log says that reaching a synchrony URL is failing, I don't know why it would be looking for it, unless it is probing to see if it exists and that failure is expected.

I should have led with this, I am willing to lose the chance to use my license and just buy a new one _IF_ I had confidence that a fresh install of Ubuntu Server followed by installing licensed confluence (skipping the trial and any non-essential pre-req's) would work.

But I am doubting that will work, I assume that either there is some missing required step to the install, or that the linux install is broken.

Follow up: I have finally gotten it to install on Ubuntu Server.

The only things I did different seem to be of no consequence.

1. I installed using the default config ( instead of custom )

2. I did NOT let the installer start the server (this is the BIGGEST difference)

3. I upped the postgresql logging a bunch.

4. I manually started confluence (with sudo start-confluence.sh)

5. I opened confluence in a web browser.

6. When it was time for it to set up the database, I found I messed up and hadn't dropped the DB from the last attempt at configuring.

7. I deleted the DB and recreated it.

8. I backed up a step on the config web page, reentered DB info

9. The config worked after that

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

125 views 3 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you