Has the ability to create forward links with bracketed text been removed in the new editor?

Michael Angeles December 10, 2019

I am a frequent user of forward links using bracketed text [like this], but that is no longer working in the new editor. Have Atlassian removed this capability? I hope not. 

1 answer

0 votes
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 17, 2019

Hello Michael!

No, it is not possible anymore to do (just) [ + page name + ] to create a link. 
Now, you can type cmd+K, and type a page name. 
You can also use [link](link) if you want to modify the "name" of the link. 

To read more about all the change about the Confluence editor you can check this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html

And if you're looking to find all the keyboard shortcut, start editing the page, and then you'll see an interrogation mark on the bottom left corner of the page, there you can see all editing shortcuts. 

Cheers, 
Hermance

dave.purrington January 29, 2020

cmd+k only brings up articles that have been visited recently, which is a lot less useful than the prior behavior. As far as I can tell, there is no way to link to another article by name without either loading the other page, then reloading the editor OR loading the other page and then using the URL. The insert link button behaves the same way.

This is a serious step backwards. What other options are there?

Like Michael Angeles likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events