Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone successfully connected to DB2 database using Bobswift SQL for Confluence?

Gaj Umapathy February 26, 2020

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a DB2 database from Confluence to allow us to display table informations from the database onto Confluence. However, I'm having some trouble even though I have network connectivity and no firewall blocking. I just want to know if anyone has successfully used bobswift on DB2 and if so what jdbc driver they used.

The error I get is:

[jcc][t4][2034][11148][4.26.14] Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation. A DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was detected. Reason: 0x3. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=58009

https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/faq-jdbc-driver-data-stream-syntax-error

Cheers.

Gaj

1 answer

0 votes
JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hi,

not with that addon, but we use PocketQuery to connect to a DB2 datasource:

https://help.livelyapps.com/documentation/display/PQDOC/Datasources

Best

JP

Gaj Umapathy February 28, 2020

Hi JP,

Thanks for that. I've never tried PocketQuery but will definitely add it to our POC and check it out. 

Cheers.

Gaj

Gaj Umapathy February 28, 2020

@JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_  can I ask if you use SSL to connect and if you had to do anything special on the Confluence side apart from having the certificate there and mentioning the certificate on the JDBC URL. 

JP _AC Bielefeld Leader_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2020

Hi,

sorry, we don't use SSL on this connection as we have a separate VLAN for these types of access.

Best

JP

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events