Hardware sizing

Jorel Roxas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 20, 2013

I'm planning to launch a Confluence-based portal on an IAAS setup. Initial projected concurrent connections around 2,300 and storage will be used primarily for thumbnail-size pics of users and snapshots of source codes. The portal will function as a collaboration tool for mobile apps developers. What would be the recommended processor and RAM configuration for this requirement?

3 answers

1 vote
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi Jorel,

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Server+Hardware+Requirements+Guide for hardware recommendations. 4 cores and 4GB of RAM should do you for the expected size you mention.

Cheers,

Andrew.

Jorel Roxas
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2013

Thanks so much for the advice Andrew. Also I'll check out the link you provided.

Cheers!

Jorel

0 votes
sunil
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 26, 2015

Hi,
I would like to do the Hardware sizing for below applications on Linux based OS both in Physical and Virtual environment, can someone provide details on how many servers, type of servers, storage, network and other if related to sizing required to setup centralized for 2000 to 50000 concurrent users.
It is 3 tier arch where below applications and db used
1. App server : Apache TomEE
2. Web server : Apache Https
3. Database server : Mysql
What is the hardware sizing estimation with all the details and reference.
Thanks in advance,
Sunil

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Hi Jorel,

Considering you are storing source code and documentation, potentially large amounts of it, I'd be aware of the amount of RAM required for PDF exports, especially of the whole space. They can consume a lot of RAM and be CPU intensive.

If you have a lot of content, best to tune the cache and this will also eat RAM.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events