HTTP address is being added to mailto command in automated email. How can I remove this?

Daniel Cross May 26, 2021

Afternoon Everyone, 

I am having an issue with a ConfiForm I am using. It is an engagement form and when an employee submits this form it generates an email that is sent to the users mailbox with their reference number and my teams contact details. 

Included in our contact details is an email address, in the confiform this is set with a mailto command and works fine when we test it but when the employee recieves the email a Http://confluence link is put in front of the mailto command and this no longer works. 

Any idea how to stop that http: address from being added to the mailto link

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Hi @Daniel Cross 

Are yo saying that the following address gets prefixed with "http" on the rendered email?

mailto:be08d79f.teamtelstra.onmicrosoft.com@amer.teams.ms

Or does it get prefixed (by Confluence) already when you save the template?

Alex

Hey @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_  .
Here is an example when I hover over the link from the automated email 
confluence-error.jpg

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2021

Do you have HTML macro enabled on your instance?

If yes, then try using it to wrap the 

<a href="mailto:be08d79f.teamtelstra.onmicrosoft.com@amer.teams.ms">Link</a>

and see if it helps

Alex 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2021

Ouch, sorry

I have quickly verified this and it is a bug in ConfiForms rendering. Incorrectly sets the "absolute links" on the rendered contents

We will fix this asap

Alex

Thanks Alex, I am not an admin for our instance. Would the HTML macro be something I set in my confiform or something an admin sets for our instance? 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2021

Sorry, HTML macro will not help here. The bug is in ConfiForms function for post-processing the rendered contents and fixing the "non absolute links"

This will be fixed shortly

Alex

Thanks Alex, 

Any ETA on when its expected to be fixed?

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 28, 2021

Hi @Daniel Cross 

Already in the patched and published version available in the marketplace https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/CONFIFORMS/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version2.18.15 

Alex

0 votes
Choon Keat Seet May 26, 2021

Hey Daniel 

How are you sending the email? Are you using the IFTTT macros?

Can you snapshot the macros so and when you edit so we can see whats going on?

</p>
<p>EMAIL RECEIPT CONFIRMATION SENT TO THE RECIPIENTS SPECIFIED EMAIL ADDRESS</p>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="01b78612-e7d6-448a-b5e3-b277f5ac9f1b" ac:name="confiform-ifttt" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="extras5">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="condition">[entry.ContactEmail]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="action">Send Email</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="event">onCreated</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="title">Telstra Property Data Request Received [entry.jk]</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="who">[entry.ContactEmail]</ac:parameter>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<p>
<span style="color: rgb(51,51,51);">Thank you for raising a data request with Telstra Property</span>
</p>
<p>
<span style="color: rgb(51,51,51);">Your assigned Reference Number is <strong>
<a>
<span style="color: rgb(51,51,51);">[entry.jk]</span>
</a>
</strong>. This number should be retained for reference purposes.</span>
</p>
<p>
<strong>What’s next?</strong>
</p>
<p>Our Data Reporting team will shortly review your ticket and assign it to the correct team within Telstra Property. You will receive updates via email when we update your ticket in JIRA, these updates will come via email sender ! AMP Tools Support (Please do not directly email this address, it is not monitored)</p>
<p>If you have any questions about your request or require an update please contact our teams channel by clicking this <a href="mailto:be08d79f.teamtelstra.onmicrosoft.com@amer.teams.ms">Link</a> . Please quote your assigned Reference Number.</p>
<p>
<span style="color: rgb(51,51,51);">
<span style="color: rgb(255,0,0);">We use JIRA to track progress and communicate using the comment section. If you don't have a JIRA account, create 1 here</span>
<br/>
<span style="color: rgb(0,0,0);">
<strong>JIRA access:</strong>
</span>
<span style="color: rgb(51,51,51);"> </span>
<a href="https://self-service.ae.sda.corp.telstra.com/jira/addme">https://self-service.ae.sda.corp.telstra.com/jira/addme</a>
<br/>
</span>
</p>
<p>
<span style="color: rgb(51,51,51);">Thank you.</span>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>
<p class="auto-cursor-target">
<br/>
</p>

Suggest an answer