HTTP 500 after fresh installation

Christian Balzereit October 1, 2018

Hey all,

I did a fresh installation on my vServer and getting a HTTP 500 error. What I have done so far:

1. System: Debian Stretch / user: root

2. Installed postgres and added a user 'confluence'

3. Downloaded the actual packet, made it executable (chmod a+x) and installed confluence with express settings

4. Configured my apache as an reverse proxy for port 8090 and edited server.xml to work with the proxy

5. Opened the confluence URL

6. Provided my valid licence... and BAM -> HTTP 500

HTTP Status 500 – Internal Server Error

Type Exception Report

Message Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed

Description The server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Exception

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot call sendError() after the response has been committed
	org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendError(ResponseFacade.java:456)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendError(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:120)
	com.atlassian.confluence.web.filter.DebugFilter$LoggingResponseWrapper.sendError(DebugFilter.java:132)

That's an fresh installation... c'mon guys. Or did I miss anything?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

check if your password for the db owner matches the password in file /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/confluence.cfg.xml

under: <property name="hibernate.connection.password">your_password</property>

0 votes
Amith Mathur _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

Hi @Christian Balzereit

As per the error message you are gettting you're using an unsupported PostgreSQL version, or haven't followed the Atlassian guide to set up the database properly. Here is the link for Database Setup for PostgreSQL.

Can you confirm your database version and Confluence version? Please go through the above link and confirm whether you are able to install the confluence.

Please verify the Supported platform as well before installing the PostgreSQL

Thanks
Amith Mathur

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events