Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML visualization in Wiki using data from JIRA?

Kristin Snyder February 15, 2021

I have a lot of data that I want to upload into JIRA, BUT each row of data needs to presented in its own wiki page in a narrative format (like wikipedia) for business users who will NEVER look at the data in JIRA. 

My issue is that I don't know how to render that information in a user friendly way.  I wish there was a way to embed a JIRA "issue" in a wiki page automatically.  Is it possible, from confluence, to point to a JIRA issue and say "return" HTML for issue FFF-1234.  That way, every time F-1234 is updated the Wiki page is also updated? 

Any help would be great! 

P.S. i already thought about creating a template in Confluence but i want the data source to be in JIRA so that I can continue to filter the information. 

1 answer

0 votes
Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

Hi Kristin!

I think the Confluence "Jira macro" is what you need. This will provide you the fields from the tickets you need and every time the Jira ticket is updated - the macro will be updated too.

Please check the following piece of documentation for more info.

Best regards,
Velizar

Kristin Snyder February 17, 2021

I wish it were that simple.  We want to see a detailed/narrative view of the ticket on each wiki page.  So if we have 20 tickets, we have 20 linked wiki pages.  Similar to if I created a template in the Wiki, and filled it out for each of our tickets to share with our audience.  The issue with the template/wiki approach is that i dont know how (or if) you can tie the attributes in the template back to an issue in JIRA. 

Bascially, i need a DB (jira) that feeds one issue to one wiki page in a narrative view (not a list view).  On the front end (the wiki) we want to just show the "guts" of one ticket per wiki page.  

I hope there is some sort of plugin that takes a JIRA issue and serves up in the wiki as a detailed/narrative view of the entire issue. 

Thank you so much for your help with my riddle! 

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2021

Oh, got it. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that's even possible as Jira and Confluence are separated tools, despite the integration between them. 

I would recommend you contacting Atlassian's support for that case. They should be a bit more useful than the whole community for that particular one.

Kristin Snyder February 18, 2021

Thank you, Velizar! What is the best way to reach out to Attlassian Support? I will look around but if you know off hand, that would be so helpful! 

Thank you! 

Kris 

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 19, 2021

Just try the support page here : https://support.atlassian.com/ 

If you don't find anything useful in the documentation you can scroll down to the end of the page and hit the "Contact Support" button which will get you to a request form.

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events