HTML input in static macro on confluance cloud

Samuel Bremner March 13, 2018

I am trying to create a simple Macro for confluence cloud which allows the user to search a table in the page using a HTML input and some javascript. 

If I create a dynamic macro I can get the HTML input to appear however the macro is loaded in an iframe so it can't search a table in the page that is outside of the iframe. 

If i try the same thing with a static macro (which is not in an iframe) the HTML inputs don't seem to load. You can load other html tags but not inputs. 

Does anyone know how I might be able to create a macro for confluence cloud that allows it to display inputs and search the page content based on the input value? 

1 answer

0 votes
Kombi, the best car ever
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

Hello, Samuel!

Based on the document below, you can see that custom HTML and JavaScript inside the application are restricted by default:

In my opinion, you have two alternatives here, you can either use a third-party scripting tool to create the tool, such as Tampermonkey. Or you can use the browser's search functionality by itself.

Other option, is to create a Confluence Cloud add-on that performs such functionality. You can learn more about this on the link below:

Kind regards,

Marco A. Bomfim

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events