HTML include macro cannot combine with excel include macro

Anoop K Baby January 31, 2018

Hi Team,

Looking for a suggestion for an issue which I am facing. I was trying to combine excel macro and html macron on a same confluence page, but always it showing only html macro content if I combine both. Anyway suggestions?

3 answers

0 votes
Anoop K Baby February 5, 2018

The issue which I reported one was while I am using html include macro , not just the html macro .. I think you guys are talking about html macro.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2018

In the test case I reported, it turns out it is not a bug at all, but the way we are entering the HTML in the macro. I looked before I opened the new bug but I failed to find Page does not render correctly once any html code inserted on HTML 

The dev team set me straight on Excel Spreadsheet is not displayed on a page which includes HTML macro:

The HTML Macro content contains <html>, <head> and <body> tags. This is causing the page to render incorrectly. Those tags should not be included in the body of an HTML macro. Only the real HTML content should be included.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2018

I look forward to hearing suggestions as well. I opened a bug report because I was able to reproduce the behavior in Confluence 6.6.x and the newest release of Confluence, version 6.7. I just cannot seem to display a spreadsheet if the HTML macro is on the page. Here is what I came up with for the bug: Excel Spreadsheet is not displayed on a page which includes HTML macro

Please add your thoughts to the bug report, it is public. Doing so will add you to notifications so you can keep up with the progress.

Anoop K Baby February 2, 2018

Thank you for the bug report. But as per my previous experience with Atlassian's bug reporting, I am not expecting any improvement on this for next 5 - 10 years. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2018

To be fair, you're ignoring the bugs that get reported in one version and usually fixed in the next point release.  And most of what you're saying takes years are change requests rather than bugs.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events