HTML file as attachment

Luca Montagna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2017

Hi there,

I'm currently trying to bind my HTML-file which I uploaded as attachment (filetype: text/html) in an iFrame.

But Confluence keeps downloading the HTML file instead of rendering the file.

I have to work with an iFrame because i have a bootstrap stylesheet which would cause problems if I link it directly in the HTML-Macro.

Confluence Version: 6.0.3

Do you have any suggestions to my problem?

Thanks in advantage

Luca

EDIT:

I forgot to say that I tried the "Example - HTML from an attachment" (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/HTML/HTML+Macro)

But everytime I try to write {html:script=^..........} Confluence doesn't recognize my command... Maybe I'll do something wrong...

EDIT2:

Nevermind... I saw that the Bob Swift HTML Macro have to be installed separately. I thought that he described the Confluence HTML Macro...

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2017

Confluence is not a web server that renders up arbitrary html.  Your file is an attachment and hence gets treated as an attachment.  If you want to render it in Confluence, you'll need to convert it to a Confluence page, or find/write a macro that can read and render an attachment.

Luca Montagna
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 18, 2017

Thank you for your answer.

I've found a solution that works for me.

I download the HTML file via JQuery ajax and write it direct in the iFrame. This should work for Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer:

<iframe id="result" style="width: 100%; height: 100vh;border:none;" scrolling="no"></iframe>
<script>
$(document).ready(function() {
$.ajax({
 method: 'GET',
 url: '/download/attachments/...',
 dataType: 'text',
 success: function(data) {
 var iframe = document.getElementById('result');
iframe = iframe.contentWindow || ( iframe.contentDocument.document || iframe.contentDocument);

iframe.document.open();
iframe.document.write(data);
iframe.document.close();
 }
});
});
</script>
Joseph Truncale
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 2, 2018

This is a little hacky, but creative and solves my problem!

Note to others:

Copy the script above into the HTML Macro (not html include) and replace the URL with your HTML attachment. 

maxime pichot
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 22, 2020

Luca's solution works fine except for some characters like accented letters that appear as �.

Do you know how to solve this ?

P. van der Heyden
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 13, 2022

tip: Find a way to replace ASCII characters by  UFT8 characters.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events