cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML code for a page used to be viewable/editable in 4.2

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

In the old version of Confluence (4.2.13), you could open the HTML code for a page in draft mode to fix formatting issues and further customize the page. This option does not seem to be available in 5.5. Was that feature removed?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2014

Hi Robert,

By default, the HTML macros are disabled. You should only turn on these macros if you trust all your users not to attempt to exploit them.

You can refer to the documentation here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF50/Enabling+the+html-include+Macro

To enable it back.

Thank you.

Do let me know if you need further assistance :)

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2014

Correct, I did turn on the html macros back on that is not what I am referring to. To the top right of the screen in version 4.2 there was an option to edit the page in html and that is no longer there. If there were any glitches in confluence we could go in and directly manipulate the html for the page. How do you do that in 5.5? Now we can add an HTML section that displays direct html, but how can I show the entire page in html?

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2014

Looks like I can do this just by inspect element. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events