HTML Macro for Confluence Cloud

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: HTML Macro

Will this be added? I want to embed styled components, interactive mock ups etc in my design guidelines. Do I actually have to have an external link to these? This makes the design guidelines less usable...

Nowhere in the GUI communicates that this function is not supported. The user can find the macro but it just doesn't show anything. This is confusing! I thought I was doing something wrong when inserting my code. It took too much of my valuable time to figure out this!

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Maybe the HTML Macro for Confluence Cloud is what you want? https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/biz.artemissoftware.confluence.html.HtmlMacro/cloud/overview

Let me know if that is what you are looking for. That add-on uses the Atlassian Connect framework to bring back a safer version of HTML Macro for Cloud.

It's a restricted function because it allows users to embed stuff that can easily break Confluence.  Support people don't need to be wasting time fixing this sort of preventable error, so the function is turned off.  It's extremely unlikely to be enabled (unless a new version arrives that prevents any chance of you breaking stuff)

(Edited to correct original mistake)

Likely or unlikely, which do you mean? 

If I want to embed a styled html button from bootstrap to show how a button should work / look. Is there any other alternatives? 

So sorry, I didn't reread it carefully enough.

The macro is extremely unlikely to ever be enabled on Cloud.

Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Feb 10, 2016

I think your best bet would be to host the details on an simple external server and use the iframe macro to show the data within an iframe on the page.  Atlassian Connect plugins work in the same way, so I think that's your best bet.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

34 views 5 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you