HTML Code error

Neb O_ March 21, 2023

I created a form on confluence using confiform. Output is required to create a JIRA ticket.

Format of output includes a table created by multiselection questions in the confluence form.

However, the HTML code to create the JIRA ticket continues to give a "invalid format. unterminated string error code.

I have tried using the HTML code corrector but there seems to be no error with the code, however, i keep getting the invalid format error pointing to characters and lines.

An example is Invalid format. Unterminated string at 424 [character 0 line 7]

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023

Hi @Neb O_ ,

You may want to start something small to see if something like hello world is working and work your way up to isolate the issue.

Line breaks can often times lead to this error.

-Ben

Neb O_ March 22, 2023

Hello @Benjamin I did work my way through, not being technical i assume by line breaks you mean \n or <td>, these are what i have as line breaks and that does not seem to be the issue.

I get Could not prepare JSON:  and an invalid format error

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hi @Neb O_ ,

Correct. Maybe there might be some additional that might show in the logs that may give additional insight what exactly the formatting error is. 

Did you also try starting simple with "Hello World". Want to rule out if the HTML is completely broken or still something particular with the HTML you created.

-Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events