HOW TO DELETE AN ATTACHMENT!!

Q L
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 22, 2020

There is no DELETE button on my attachment page!! I accidentally add an attachment and I  can't delete it!!!! it is soooooo embarrassing!!! SOS!!!!

3 answers

3 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

Hi @Q L ,

Maybe you do not have permission to delete attachments, please contact the space administrator to confirm.

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/assign-space-permissions/

QQ截图20201223160102.png

Bill Bailey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2020

To echo this, as an admin, I do turn OFF the ability of users to delete pages and attachments to prevent chaos. ;-) But your admins could turn on Delete Own to make it a bit less of an issue.

Like Ollie Guan likes this
1 vote
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

Hi @Q L 

welcome to this wonderful community

What do you mean by attachment page? Seems like you don't have permission for deleting attachments at the space you are working at. This has something to do with permissions at your system. 

Best would be to contact your space admin to delete it for you or to give you the permission.

Hope this could help!

0 votes
Oki__PolarisOffice_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2020

Hello, 

You may see "Attahcments" menu in more menu tap as the below,

and then, go to attachment management menu and will find "delete" button. 

I hope it would be helpful for you. 

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events