Guide on creating automatically updating server status page.

Cameron Pilla May 31, 2022

My goal is to essentially create a confluence page that automatically updates images in a table representing server statuses based on either the results of a pinged URL or the text on the pinged URL. (Format of site the URL directs to being nothing except for a blank page with text representing the server status ("ok" or "not ok")). The table format is basically:
Server | StatusImage
Where if Server status is "ok" i want to display image1 (or some text "ok") for StatusImage.
and if Server status is "not ok" I want to display image2 (or some text "not ok") for StatusImage.

I have looked into doing this with REST API and python but am not entirely sure where to begin and how to make this successfully auto update when either the server status changes or after some set amount of time (whichever is easier). If anyone has any input or has done something similar I would love to hear it. I have not actually tried coding anything up yet as I have seen about 100 different posts with 100 different solutions (some from years ago) and am wondering if anyone has any advice on how to begin with this

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

@Cameron Pilla Welcome to the Atlassian community.  

Instead of creating your own integration I would suggest just using the Atlassian Status Page product.  https://www.atlassian.com/software/statuspage   It will do everything you are requesting and more.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events