Groups from Azure not automatically synchronising with Atlassian anymore

Sathvik Kirti Kiran
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 21, 2022

Atlassian would provision new user accounts from Azure AD and add them to groups as in Azure. Currently new users were created on Atlassian from Azure but they were not added to their respective groups (like they were until two weeks ago).

Cannot add the user to these groups manually because it says "You can't add members to this group because it is synced from an external directory."

Any help appreciated. Thanks! _/\_

1 answer

0 votes
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

I have noticed it can take 30-60+ minutes after a user is provisioned, before the Atlassian group assignments display properly on the user profile. If its been hours since the users were provisioned and their group membership still isn't correct then continue reading.

The users can't be added manually to the groups because the groups are also being synced. Make sure the users were added as members of the group in Azure and not directly added to the Atlassian application within Azure. 

If they are members of the group in Azure then you should take a look at the Azure provisioning logs to see why their group membership was skipped during the provisioning process. You can also take a look at the user provisioning page in Atlassian administration to see if there are any errors logged. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events