Grant anonymous access to individual pages

rogerbirkeland April 1, 2014

Hi,

We have a Confluence wiki space that is _mostly_ for registered users within our organization. I have no way myself to change the user database.

I do want to share _some_ information to everyone, but I can't set the whole space open. So, I can't find anywhere where I can _add_ access to an individual page, just individually restrict access on individual pages.

Is it so that to gain what I want (give access to anonymious users to a couple of pages) I'll have to 1: grant anonoymious access globally for the space. Then 2: restrict access for most pages to registered users/groups?

This will take a while, so I hope there is a work-around somehow?

I have no access to the Confluence database nor user database. I can only add valid users from our userdb to groups in the space.

Best regards,

Roger

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

As you suspect, you need to open up the space, then secure the pages you want to be hidden.

A trick I've used in a few places - move the "public" pages to another space which is deliberately completely open, and then, where the pages should appear inside a private space, pull in the public one using {include public:mypage}

0 votes
rogerbirkeland April 1, 2014

Ok. Thanks. It seems a bit costly to have to do all this. I'll look into the {include:}-function

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events