Google images used in Confluence spaces

Shreena Patel November 3, 2012

Hi there,

In my confluence spaces, I copy + paste some of my images from my Google drive onto my pages. They stay for a while and then disappear after a few hours (not recognised-has a cross through it-see screenshot),

so I have to keep readding them again-which is a nuisance. Is this meant to happen? Images I attach as an image stay on the page since it is attached to the page. If it isn't meant to work why does my google image stay for a while and then go away (using this copy + paste image process)?

Your support would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Shreena

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felipe Cuozzo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 12, 2012

Hi Shreena,

Are you inserting a link to your image or are you attaching the image to the page, I ask that because if you're only linking to your Google Drive and the images are not public once your session with Google expires your Browser won't be able to load the linked images, you can try logging onto Google again and refresh the page in Confluence to see if that solves the broken links.

Another option is to use this: http://www.atlassian.com/google-apps/ although you have to have a valid Google Apps Account that is different from a normal Google Personal account.

Please feel free also to open a Support Ticket at https://support.atlassian.com if you have trouble setting up the integration.

Best Regards,
Felipe Cuozzo
OnDemand Team

Shreena Patel November 14, 2012

I am using google images from my google drive (i.e. copy and paste into Confluence) which are shared i.e. Anyone with the link can view (even tried making them public). They show up when I insert them but after that they don't get displayed.

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2012

Hello,

Are you using GApps integration? This may solve this issue.

Cheers,

Lucas Lima

Atlassian Support

Shreena Patel November 11, 2012

Im using JIRA & Confluence OnDemand, how do I do this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events