Google Drive doesn't show embedded documents

Erika Silva November 5, 2020

Embedded google drive documents do not load properly on pages in Confluence and only show the attached image when viewing the page. This issue appears for all google documents I view embedded in Confluence, both those I have added and those added by others in my company. Most others in the company are able to view and edit these documents normally.

Other posts here have recommended to switch google accounts, but no button is available to switch the account as shown in the attached image.

The document opens normally in drive when I click on the "View in new tab" button.

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 9, 2020

Hello @Erika Silva!
Recently, we had a similar question here in our Community. You can check the thread here:

This is most likely happening due to privacy limitations set on your Google account.

Let us hear from you!

Erika Silva November 9, 2020

Hi @Diego, you just linked back to this same thread.

What has me thinking this might be more than privacy settings is that other people in my organization are able to view and edit the documents normally.

Erika Silva November 13, 2020

@Diego You still have not answered my question. It has been over a week since I asked my question and I still cannot use documents embedded in confluence.

Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 18, 2020

Thank you very much for pointing out my error in my first reply, @Erika Silva. I have fixed it now

This is the thread I meant to link earlier:

There is also Google documentation on how to set this:

Also make sure to be logged into your Google account so privacy and sharing settings are correctly applied when you try to see the file via Confluence.

Again, thanks for keeping the thread active and correcting my error!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events