Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Drive Macro: "docs.google.com is blocked".... Sometimes.

Deleted user June 11, 2021

I can not figure out what is causing this issue.

Bottom Line Up Front:

Users with access permission for files in Google Drive are being blocked from downloading those files when using the Confluence Google Drive app.

The Situation:

We have the Official Google Drive for Confluence app installed on our Confluence Cloud account.

We use this app so our employees using Confluence can downloaded relevant files (in this case, Keynote files) that are on Google Drive. 

The Problem:

The macro on the page looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 10.01.39 AM.png

When clicking Download, the user is taken to the page that says it can't be scanned for viruses and are you sure you want to download. When clicking Download anyway, we (everyone in the company) now gets a message: "google.com is blocked."

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 10.06.57 AM.png

The Strange Part: 

The strange part is, if I take the exact URL out of the Google Drive macro and just paste the URL in Confluence without using the macro, there is no problem. The user can click the link, click the Download anyways button, and the file downloads. 

The problem is only when using the Google Drive app.

The Workaround:

The workaround is we just stop using the Google Drive app and paste in the Google Drive URLs.

The Ask:

Does anyone know what might be causing the issue with the Google Drive app that our users get "docs.google.com is blocked"? I feel it is some sort of permissions issue but I can't figure it out.

Note:

It has been 100% checked users are signed into their Google account and have permission to access the files they are trying to download from Google Drive.

I also want to note that as everyone is working remotely on their own network, this isn't an issue of a VPN permissions issue.

2 answers

1 vote
Tino Chakadoha March 22, 2023

had this issue as well, instead of loading a page to request permission it loads a blocked page, but copy/pasting the url in another tab loads properly

1 vote
Deleted user June 14, 2021

I also want to note that as everyone is working remotely on their own network, this isn't an issue of a VPN permissions issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events