In the past few months, my team has been experiencing random problems with Google Drive content attached with the ‘Google Drive File’ Macro. I am getting reports of a few different types of errors, such as:
- Log in requirement message:
"Authorize Google Drive Connector"
Even though the user is already logged in to our domain and can already access their Google apps and Confluence pages. Attempting to re-log in from a Confluence page, to access the ‘Google Drive File’ Macro content requires that they select "new user" and then select the SSO option.
- Errors such as a small loading circle that doesn't go away.
- Video error message:
... and a few other errors.
We have over 100 users accessing Confluence, but this problem only affects about 10 people at a time and very randomly.
Even more perplexing, why I am constantly seeing draw.io errors and requests to authorize draw.io? How is draw.io related to Google Drive access issues?
Going further down the "rabbit hole" for the video that produces the above error, "Error: Cannot get file information", which BTW is a problem only for 3 users... this is the URL which was grabbed from Chrome's console mode:
1. Why is this video link going through draw.io? The source video is from our Google Apps Drive (drive.google.com/file/d/...
2. This is also somewhat concerning, "xdm_deprecated_addon_key_do_not_use=com.mxgraph.confluence.plugins.driveconnector"
Can anyone explain what is going on?
I should also add that many (but not all) of these issues are resolved by changing the Google Drive Link Sharing Option from:
"On - Anyone at [company] with the link"
"ON - Anyone at [company] and find and access"
By doing the above fix today, I resolved the following error, reported by two employees:
Something changed a few months ago, that resulted in default Link Sharing option no longer working for some employees.
Hello @Shawn Connelly ! I tried to replicate the issue locally but it turns out I can not. With this in mind, the first thing I would love to address in all this situation is this:
- Which plugin for Google Driver are you using?
As of today, our Marketplace contains three different plugins for Google Drive:
Reading through your description, it seems that the plugin has a hard time while authenticating with Google. Having this in mind, I would like to check a few topics with you. Shall we?
- Is this issue present in any browser that the affected users use?
- Is this present in incognito/private mode of your browser?
- Was the cache cleared after the issue took place?
- Is there anything in common between the affected users, other than the issue itself?
- Have the users tried to disable any existing plugins within their browsers?
I hope this steers us closer to the solution. Looking forward to your reply!
P.S.: All your attachments here in this post seem to be broken.
Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events