Google Docs -like editing and edit approval functionality for a Confluence page I am admin for?

Matt K June 3, 2020

Hi, I am the admin/owner of a page in Confluence. I would like to enable my colleagues to suggest contributions to the text on the page, however I would like to retain control over the proposed contributions / edits being published, i.e. if someone suggests adding a sentence to the page, I want my approval to be required before the edit / change is published to the page. Ideally, the proposed (but not yet accepted by me) change by the other person would be visible for all other users to see as a proposal, in the same way that proposed edits in a Google Doc can require approval by the Doc's author, and in the meantime are presented as proposed edits for all other viewers of the Doc to be able to see while the comments are pending the author's approval. Is such functionality possible in Confluence? Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2022

Hi Matt,

The Talk Advanced Inline Comments for Confluence app can help you with your case. It has the Talk Suggestion feature. It works exactly as in Google docs. 

Talk suggestions.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events