Global Templates and Blueprints

Glen August 30, 2018

I have been given administrative privileges within my team's Confluence system. When I try to create a new Global Template within the General Configuration > Global Templates and Blueprints, I am unsuccessful.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Within the General Configuration > Global Templates and Blueprints, click the "Add global page template" button.
  2. In the editor, give the document template a title and paste in the document content that I had created in a page within an existing space.
  3. Click "Save".

The template is not added to the "Global Page Templates" and the page says, "There are no global templates at the moment." Is there a setting missing from my credentials that would allow me to access this area yet be unable to create the template and not see any errors?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Glen August 30, 2018

Hi@Yoga Reddy {Appfire},

I just figured it out. I followed your suggestion to just create a template with simple text like "asdf" in it and saved and the template was created. I was able to change this text and save again. Then I pasted in the full document contents that I had imported as a Word document into a page and it did not work.

The reason that I could not paste the contents of a Confluence page into a template file I created is that Global templates do not permit pasted images. The image will display during editing, but you are not permitted to insert images other than images that are linked from the web.

Once I removed the placeholder diagram from the editor, the rest of the content was saved.

Thanks,

Glen

0 votes
Yoga Reddy {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2018

Hi @Glen

Create a new template with a just some sample text instead of copying the contents from the document. If you still see the same message, please provide the logs. 

Sometimes, some third party add ons also block creating new templates as mentioned here.

Thanks,

Yoga

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events