Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Permissions>Anonymous Access section doesn't appear

Ferran Ollé January 25, 2021

I'm trying to make one of my Confluence spaces public, but it has been impossible to activate the Anonymous Access because there is no Anonymous Access section in the Global Permissions menu.

I've tried to follow all the guides and support documents I found, but all of them take me to the same place where there is not the section that should be there.

Can anyone help me? Thank!

Captura de pantalla 2021-01-25 a las 10.04.14.png

These are some of the things I tried:

2 answers

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Ferran Ollé 

from your screenshot and linked docs it seems like you are into space permissions area and not into global permissions -> please have a look at this support article about managing global permissions

Comparing your settings with the settings an admin can normally do in global settings there are some differences. Are you an admin or an space admin?

If you don't have system admin rights - please contact your admin to help you getting anonymous access. 

Feel free to ask for more help!

Hi Fabienne, thanks for your fast response.
I attach a bigger screenshot in order to show you that I'm in the Confluence's Global permissions.
I'm Admin for the entire Confluence/Jira cloud instace ( ORG & SITE ADMIN).

I don't understand because it show be shown there "Anonymous" option...

Captura de pantalla 2021-01-25 a las 15.27.51.png

Like Kristine Scott likes this
Joe F March 22, 2021

I have same issue. Any resolution for this? or do I have to create the anonymous group? 

Kristine Scott April 12, 2021

I have the same issue as @Ferran Ollé . I am org and site admin. Resolution or help would be greatly appreciated!

@Fabienne Gerhard 

Joe F April 12, 2021

Kristine, in our case we had public links enabled which meant that anon access was turned off and not visible.

Public Link is a feature where you can share Confluence pages with external members.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/ge/public-links-979425312.html

The blue panel in the documentation mentions the below.

"Public links cannot be active at the same time as anonymous access"

So you need to disable Public Links so that the anonymous option shows up in the space.

Kristine Scott April 12, 2021

Thank you! That did it!

0 votes

Deleted answer

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS