Valeria Ivanova January 3, 2022

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to locate the following "Global Permissions" view in Confluence,

example 1:

global permission view.PNG

and then would like to navigate to the "Edit Global Permissions" view

example 2:

edit global permissions.PNG

However, when I Go to  > Global Permissions, the view that I get is different from the example 1 above and looks something like that:

example 3:

example view global permissions.PNG

Is the Global Permissions view in example 1 only available for Data Center and Server and the view that I am getting (example 3) is the view for Cloud?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much,

Valeria 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2022

@Valeria Ivanova welcome to Confluence Cloud!

Yes, I believe that you have already answered your own question. The Data Center and Server views of many of the Administrative Tools in Confluence are different. Additionally, the options in each differ as well. 

Valeria Ivanova January 5, 2022

Thank you @Andy Gladstone ! 

I was trying to follow the Configuring and Troubleshooting Permissions in Confluence training video and the view that they were displaying there as an example for global permissions (which looked like examples 1 and 2 that I posted) was not the view I had in our Confluence.

Thank you for confirming! :)

0 votes
Vijay Patil December 21, 2022

Hi All,

sorry for asking question here as I didn't find the correct place. It would be helpful if you provide your input on my below query as I am struggling for this.

We have an endpoint registered in Jira which is to whitelisted. For this, need global permissions to work on Allowlist page. We didn't find Allowlist link as shown in attached screenshots, even though we are Administrator.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events