Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Header and Footer with Navigation

Ravi Prakash December 1, 2021

Hi,

I am a newbie starting with Confluence. I read few articles to find solution for 1st task I have to finish. I read some articles, but I don't know the best solution. Some suggest CSS, some Look and Feel.

Problem statement:

1. Put a header and footer to all pages (Global header & footer)

2. Inset few buttons with text in header (e.g. Text with hyperlink to another page (e.g. Policy) ) . Same with footer (e.g. Terms and Conditions), it should navigate to T&C page.

3. Append text (si) to Company logo(image) ABC to make it look like ABCsi. On hover over Company logo , it should expand "si" to Staff Intranet.

Please suggest a good approach.

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2021

Hi @Ravi Prakash 

I think you read the documentation for confluence server.

But you are on confluence cloud. Here, there is no custom CSS possible. 

On Atlassian Cloud, Confluence uses a custom theme that can't be modified or updated using custom HTML or CSS. For more information on custom themes in Confluence Cloud, refer to Working with Themes.

For the header and the footer, you can go to the settings and choose Header and Footer. There you can set the header or footer.

Regards, Dominic. 

0 votes
Ravi Prakash December 9, 2021

Thank you for all the answers. Custom HTML suits my need better, I wrote HTML + CSS and made the changes.

James Hutchinson July 7, 2022

Were you able to insert CSS in the footer to make style changes?

Having an override style feature for Confluence cloud would be a great feature rather than force people to buy something from the marketplace to implement some basic  changes. The product out of the box is very limited. You can get much better features from a free opensource product. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2021

I would not try to do this on plain Confluence (Cloud or Server), it's a lot of work, most of it can't be done on Cloud (server may need some quite heavy coding), and will almost certainly end up as a mess.

Instead, I would look to using a theme app to re-skin your Confluence UI. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events