Gliffy diagram text does not show in preview in Confluence page

Sofia Silva December 3, 2021

Hello,

I have an existing Confluence page with a bunch of Gliffy UML diagrams, from time to time I need to update such diagram and I create a new one within that page. Last time I did this, when I saved the diagram the text (like any text) would not show when viewing the page... All the boxes, arrows, shapes did. But the text was missing...

I noticed that this happened in Safari. In Chrome, you could see the text but only after a while. It would take quite some time to load, which is not normal as well! At least it never happened to any of my other diagrams...

Also, if I put the diagram in fullscreen or edit, the text appears again. I'm been trying to fix this problem for weeks with no luck. I even created a new diagram from scratch but it happened again!

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this. It really important to have this documentation available as soon as someone goes to that page.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sofia Silva December 17, 2021

I emailed support@gliffy.com and they replied saying that there is currently a bug which is affecting the rendering of text in the Gliffy diagram. Development is aware of this issue and is currently working to resolve this issue.

I'm using Gliffy version 9.3.2 and apparently this has been fixed in version 9.4.1. Thanks everyone for you help!

1 vote
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2021

Hi Sofia!

Sorry for the delay getting to this.

If your page is loading slowly with all those diagrams built and stored on it, I wonder if building the diagrams on a separate page and then inserting a linked diagram (so a copy of the original) on your documentation page would help? You can see further details on doing this in our documentation here: https://help.gliffy.com/confluence/Content/GliffyConfluence/Inserting-existing-diagram.htm 

But, because you said you tried creating a diagram from scratch, I'm not sure this will help. That being said, we're always optimizing and testing Gliffy across browsers, so understanding what's going wrong in Safari would be really valuable. Would you mind emailing support@gliffy.com with a screenshot of your "no text" issue and any other details you can share?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Sofia Silva December 6, 2021

Hi Samie!

Unfortunately that did not work. I'll send out an email as suggested then. Thanks!

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Sofia Silva

If you are paying for the app, contact the vendor directly for faster responses: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/254/gliffy-diagrams-for-confluence?tab=support&hosting=cloud

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events