Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Gliffy diagram scrolls down when editing

Hi,

When I edit a Gliffy diagram, the diagrams scrolls down when I type text or move objects.

Any idea why the diagram is behaving this way?

4 answers

0 votes

Same issue with me. Gliffy is completely unusable in it's current state. Trying to drag any object in a diagram causes the whole canvas to scroll in some direction, so the new place where I would want to place the object being dragged becomes a moving target. Horrible!

Also noticed that if you edit the properties of an object (border width, background, text position, etc.) the popup dialog disappears after a selection. Previously it didn't, so you could easily adjust multiple properties and, when you have formatted the object as you wished, then close the popup dialog. Now the dialog disappears after first selection, and you rarely achieve what you want with 1 property change only. This is also annoying!

We have some Confluence installation "7.17.4, themed by Refined 7.0.18". Gliffy says it's version is 9.7.1. 

Hey Timo! Similar to my other responses here, I'd really appreciate it if you let our support team know about these issues by emailing support@gliffy.com.

Your feedback helps a ton!

ok, done!

Thanks so much :) 

This is super annoying... I`m using gliffiy for years and joined a new company where we use a newer version and it`s a nightmare to work with it now.

Hey Peet! I'd really appreciate it if you emailed any details on your version + where this issue is occurring to our support team at support@gliffy.com. Thank you!

@Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy - it would be great to get the answer to this.

Thanks

Hi Brian!

Absolutely. I'm not sure how we resolved this issue for Ross last February and you may be on a different version of server than he is. For that reason, I'd ask you to also email our support team at support@gliffy.com. 

Happy holidays!

Hi Ross!

It looks like you're on Confluence server (based on the tags). I know our support team had some questions about scrolling recently, but I can't remember if it was for server/what version of Gliffy it was for.

Would you mind sending them an email (support@gliffy.com) with your version numbers and the same details on what you're seeing? I'm sorry I don't have a quick fix handy for you!

Samie

Email sent.

Hi, keen to know if there was a fix provided for this issue as I am facing the same issue. Thanks

Hi Srinivasrao! I'll give you the same suggestion — especially as this is a server-related question and what version you're using will be really important. Please email our awesome support folks at support@gliffy.com with your SEN, Confluence + Gliffy version, and any other details you're seeing on the issue. :)

Same issue but mine scrolls randomly up and down. Along with lot of other issues - it is terrible when you are trying to select to copy and paste. Also, page doesn't scroll all the way to the bottom of the page unless there is limit of page height. Not the best tool available for wireframing.

Hi @minoo malik ! I'm sorry to hear you're having a poor experience with Gliffy. We're always trying to improve, and that means your feedback is extremely helpful! If you can capture any screen recordings or describe the UX issues you're experiencing for our team at support@gliffy.com, our team can address it. 

Hi @Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy thanks for your reply, much appreciate it. I cannot create a video and only video can show when we drag and try to drop in the art space any item from left menu, the page keeps moving up and down that gives real headache. Also, there are no real useful icons that can be used in the app. Third, It has limited height space which is not very clear. Fourth, forcing to save the confluence page first to add our own images is useless feature. I'm a UX Architect with my company and was assigned to evaluate this and recommend to use it or not in comparison to balsamiq and Adobe XD. this is not the best of the tools for Wireframing, unfortunately.

I really appreciate your additional detail, thank you! I'll relay it to our product team — we have definitely prioritized diagramming (flowcharts and technical documentation) over wireframing within our use cases, but we want our customers to have the flexibility to do both well. 

Just one follow up question, if you don't mind? You said that you didn't find the included shapes/icons useful — what shapes or icons would you be looking for within your wireframing use case? 

Thanks again @minoo malik !

Hi @Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at GliffyFont-awesome like icons and easy way to include Tables, table sort. I hope you guys can make a better product and I'll be more than happy to test it and provide my professional feedback from usability perspective.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Watch 4 Confluence apps compete for Best App Demo in September's Appy Hours

Calling all collaborators! Appy Hours on the Atlassian Community is a monthly event where 4 Partner and app vendor presenters go head-to-head with 5-minute demos for the title of Best App Demo. I...

573 views 0 13
Read article

Atlassian Community Events