Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Gliffy connectors not gluing to shapes

I created 2 basic workflow shapes and dragged a connector between them. What I expect is that the connector will latch to both shapes and if I move a shape the connector will follow. Lately this often doesn't work - one end of the connector has no connection capability, as if it was just a normal line. If I move the shape the connector doesn't move. It's not a case of an unglued connection - that end of the line has no gluing function even if I drop it over the shape again. This started happening in the last week or so. Any ideas?

4 answers

Quick work around from my part (just found out), which worked for me (for now): In the editor, when the connectors are showing the described symptoms, I pressed F5 (refresh) and chose 'refresh' in the dialogue popping up. It refreshed the gliffy, but somehow also reset the editor somehow. Now the connectors are working as normal!

Hope this helps! 

Worked for me too

Copying and old connector from your drawing, seems to not introduce the problem

Hi there! 

I am experiencing the same problem! The start point of the connector does not get any control (circle) after creating it. It is still connected to the shape I created it from, but it is not being able to be reconnected. When moving the start point of the connector, the whole line moves, as you would expect dragging the line itself (and not a en-point control). 

Really looking forward to a solution!

//Mathijs

Hey Matt!

I haven't heard anything about a bug along those lines. (Pun intended!)

I also just double-checked and I'm not seeing any open tickets about issues with connectors in our server deployment. Do you mind emailing the support team so that they can get all the details we need to replicate and get this sorted out for you? That'll be support@gliffy.com.

Thanks for your help!

Samie

I've just had a user complaining of a similar problem. In their case they would tweak the diagram to have connectors in the right places and when they save back to confluence the changes are lost and the connectors seem to remain unmoved - sometimes showing diagonal lines and looking a real mess. We are on the latest version.

Hey Andy! That's obnoxious — I'm really sorry that's happening. Would you mind reaching out to the support team as well? Their email is support@gliffy.com.

It sounds like your issue is a little bit different (happening in the diagram viewer in Confluence, not in the editor itself) so I want to make sure they get all the details.

Thank you SO much for your help!

Thanks for commenting, I have reached out to support to see if they can reproduce this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence Mythbusters: Does Atlassian even use Confluence?

Hi, Confluence collaborators! As part of #Confluence-Collaboratory month, we’ve created a very special Mythsbusters segment, where we're dive into an interesting myth and uncover the truth behind i...

1,696 views 7 32
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you