Gliffy connectors not gluing to shapes

Matt Burd September 3, 2020

I created 2 basic workflow shapes and dragged a connector between them. What I expect is that the connector will latch to both shapes and if I move a shape the connector will follow. Lately this often doesn't work - one end of the connector has no connection capability, as if it was just a normal line. If I move the shape the connector doesn't move. It's not a case of an unglued connection - that end of the line has no gluing function even if I drop it over the shape again. This started happening in the last week or so. Any ideas?

6 answers

1 vote
Mathijs Mooij October 1, 2020

Quick work around from my part (just found out), which worked for me (for now): In the editor, when the connectors are showing the described symptoms, I pressed F5 (refresh) and chose 'refresh' in the dialogue popping up. It refreshed the gliffy, but somehow also reset the editor somehow. Now the connectors are working as normal!

Hope this helps! 

Yannick October 29, 2020

Worked for me too

Terje Møllerhagen April 16, 2021

Copying and old connector from your drawing, seems to not introduce the problem

1 vote
Mathijs Mooij October 1, 2020

Hi there! 

I am experiencing the same problem! The start point of the connector does not get any control (circle) after creating it. It is still connected to the shape I created it from, but it is not being able to be reconnected. When moving the start point of the connector, the whole line moves, as you would expect dragging the line itself (and not a en-point control). 

Really looking forward to a solution!

//Mathijs

1 vote
Samie Kaufman - Your Gal at Gliffy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2020

Hey Matt!

I haven't heard anything about a bug along those lines. (Pun intended!)

I also just double-checked and I'm not seeing any open tickets about issues with connectors in our server deployment. Do you mind emailing the support team so that they can get all the details we need to replicate and get this sorted out for you? That'll be support@gliffy.com.

Thanks for your help!

Samie

0 votes
Steve Attard February 10, 2023

I am experiencing a similar problem when I create a Gliffy diagram with swimlanes.  Any time I am in the editor the system disconnects one end of the connector lines and it will also separate, on occassion, the swimlanes.  It is very time consuming and difficult to correct.  The refresh example does not seem to work for me as it takes me out of the editor.  When I reenter, I have the same problem.  

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2023

Hey Steve!

I think we have an open issue along these lines right now. Would you please email our support team (support@gliffy.com) to let them know what you're experiencing?

Thanks so much!!

Samie

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2023

Also curious, this question when it was logged a few years ago was specifically for Confluence server — are you on server as well?

Steve Attard February 10, 2023

Yes Samie.  We are using the cloud version of Confluence.

Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2023

Perfect! Getting a connector lines issue fixed for our cloud customers is a high priority for our team right now. Our support will be able to give you more details, I'm just a marketer. 😉 Please be sure to reach out to them, but I will additionally try to keep an eye out to let you know here when we've got a fix for Cloud!

Community Leader
Community Leader
March 14, 2023

Hey @Steve Attard , I believe our latest release for Confluence Cloud will fix this issue. If you're still having trouble with connectors (or anything else!), please be sure to email support@gliffy.com!

0 votes
Joe Schutz August 8, 2022

Is there any update on a fix for this bug? I am seeing the same issue, though on an internal server installation of Confluence, so wondering if we need to update

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2022

Hi Joe!

I would reach out to our support team at support@gliffy.com to find out which version includes a fix for this!

Samie

Joe Schutz August 9, 2022

Thanks Samie

0 votes
Andy Hurley May 18, 2021

I've just had a user complaining of a similar problem. In their case they would tweak the diagram to have connectors in the right places and when they save back to confluence the changes are lost and the connectors seem to remain unmoved - sometimes showing diagonal lines and looking a real mess. We are on the latest version.

Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

Hey Andy! That's obnoxious — I'm really sorry that's happening. Would you mind reaching out to the support team as well? Their email is support@gliffy.com.

It sounds like your issue is a little bit different (happening in the diagram viewer in Confluence, not in the editor itself) so I want to make sure they get all the details.

Thank you SO much for your help!

Andy Hurley May 18, 2021

Thanks for commenting, I have reached out to support to see if they can reproduce this.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events