Gliffy - Error occurred while rendering this diagram (different error in log)

Teresa Hollidge November 10, 2017

I upgraded the Gliffy plugin from 7.1.2 to 8.0.4 today on a test system running Confluence server 5.10.8. Most of the Gliffy diagrams are fine (display & edit) but some diagrams display the error: 

"An error occurred while rendering this diagram. Please contact your administrator."

All diagrams have both the Gliffy image and Gliffy diagram attached to the page in which they appear. No Gliffy images are linked from other pages (on purpose). Some pages have both fully functioning diagrams and broken diagrams.

The error in the log is: 

2017-11-10 12:44:19,281 ERROR [http-nio-127.0.0.102-8090-exec-1] [plugin.confluence.macro.GliffyMacro] execute Gliffy Macro Exception
-- url: XXXX | page: 62656035 | traceId: 7f5bbd451a401293 | userName: XXXX | referer: http://XXXX/pages/editpage.action?pageId=62656035 | action: viewpage
com.gliffy.plugin.confluence.exception.GliffyException: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.gliffy.plugin.confluence.cache.GonCacheEntry cannot be cast to com.gliffy.plugin.confluence.cache.GonCacheEntry

For diagrams that display the error instead of the diagram, when I edit the Confluence page, I am able to see the diagram as usual. When I edit the diagram, I see the following message: 

"The file was not able to load because it was not recognized as a valid Gliffy file. Please a report to Gliffy. You can view the report before it is sent. Sadly, you may need to refresh your browser to continue working  normally."

The report never generates, as far as I can tell.

I'm the admin (in my spare time) and I'm not sure how to resolve this issue. TIA

3 answers

1 vote
mlieberwirth February 22, 2018

Hey,

we got the same problem and solved it with a restart of confluence.

What causes the problem?

In our case at least one user was in edit-mode of a page with a gliffy diagram (node he was not in gliffy-edit-mode, only page-edit!) while we did the update.

The result was 

com.gliffy.plugin.confluence.exception.GliffyException: java.lang.ClassCastException: com.gliffy.plugin.confluence.cache.GonCacheEntry cannot be cast to com.gliffy.plugin.confluence.cache.GonCacheEntry

We think it belongs to OSGi (and the Bundle mechanism there), because on server-side you do the update and the client hold the old stuff. Then the user press save / update which leads to problems between old and new version of the plugin.

Simular problem: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27040335/osgi-same-class-but-classcastexception

Eric Lee May 17, 2018

Same problem with Gliffy 8.0.5 and Confluence Server 6.0.2, but it didn't work by restarting.

0 votes
Trung Tran August 29, 2023

I encountered the same problem on Confluence Server 7.19.12 with Gliffy 7.9.4 (latest version of Gliffy for Confluence Server as of now) but my diagram shows when I'm in EDIT mode.  Restart confluence didn't help.

0 votes
Enrico Campana November 30, 2017

I'm facing exactly the same problem with Gliffy ver. 8.0.4 and Confluence Server 6.3.3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events