It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Give permission to outside user

Hi all,
i have space tree, with strict restriction only 1 person to view/edit there.
In this space tree i have one document space, and i want to give permission to another user to can view/edit.  ( for example only on "anotherspace1"  it is under two spaces)
in Restrictions Apply i add it, but the user dosnt see it. What is the problem ?

Space
|-another space
|----anotherspace1
|
|-anotherspace
|--example
|--example

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @ChGarcia ,

if I understood right, you need to give a person permission to view page in a specific space. To do this, you need to give him also "View" permission for whole space.

Restrictions don't override a person's space permission.   For example, if you say a person 'can view' in the restrictions dialog and they don't have 'view' permissions for the space, they won't be able to see the page.

As you can find here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf615/page-restrictions-967337528.html

Regards,

Adam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

5,345 views 4 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you