Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the error message "Error loading excerpt from".

Dana Ciaccio August 21, 2020

I keep trying to include a recently converted page as an excerpt in another page and keep getting the error message "Error loading excerpt from". I deleted the excerpt and than added it again but it continues to give me the same error message. I verified multiple times that the page I am trying to include works and it does when i visit it on it's own. Does anyone know what the issue is and how I can fix it?

7 answers

3 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Hello Dana,

Thank you for reporting this to us. It sounds like you could be running into this bug:

• CONFCLOUD-64794 Excerpt Include Macro Fails in Fabric, if the included excerpt is from TinyMCE and is in a section/table/macro

Does the excerpt happen to be part of any section, table, or macro? 

Shannon

Dana Ciaccio August 24, 2020

Hi Shannon, 

The page the excerpt is on was converted from the old editor to the new one and now has a 2 column layout. Nothing else exists on the page.  

Dana 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Hi Dana,

The 2-column layout is part of the Section Macro, which is affected by this bug, and is not supported in the new editor.

If you change the layout back to a single column, does the issue persist?

Thank you!

Shannon

Dana Ciaccio August 24, 2020

Hi Shannon, 

The problem is still persisting. I changed the layout back to a single column and still getting the error message. I even created a new child page with the same info and no layout and am still getting the error message. 

Thanks, 

Dana 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
August 25, 2020

Dana,

Thank you for testing to see if that was what was affecting you.

In that case, we'll need to get a better look at the page. You can have one of your site admins raise a ticket with us in Cloud Support at support.atlassian.com/contact

Take care,

Shannon

Bruno May 29, 2021

I have the same issue

Oliver June 8, 2021

I have also the same issue :( 

0 votes
Mark.Hunt-Bryden September 14, 2022

Has anyone managed to solve this issue?
I have this probably and the excerpts are not within Macros.

0 votes
Deleted user March 23, 2022

I'm having the same issue. 

0 votes
Simon Walk August 20, 2021

same

0 votes
Michelle Smith August 9, 2021

I'm having the same issue.  No layout, no macros, Excerpt page only contains a line of text.  Seems mad.  Maybe I'll revisit my search for a "global variable"...though that doesn't seem to be an option either?  I just want to share a line of text on multiple pages, and if i need to change that line of text (a server path), have it automatically displayed on all the pages that use the excerpt.

Michelle Smith August 9, 2021

OK, scratch that.  My "Excerpt" page didn't have my line of text in the /excerpt macro.

0 votes
Carolyn Brunner August 4, 2021

I'm having the same issue.  :(

0 votes
Michael Schwarz July 5, 2021

I have the same issue

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS