Getting "You are not permitted to perform this operation." when going to Confluence Integrations

Isaac Rickert February 22, 2019

I'm both an administrator and a site administrator and I'm getting this message when trying to look at Integrations for spaces within Confluence - https://www.screencast.com/t/Qyp0DZ1Kg9OB. The two admin roles are set to allow for Confluence administration. Is there something else that I'm missing?

2 answers

0 votes
Boris MBOUMEHANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2019

Hello Isaac, 

I think the problem is due to a lack of administrator permission of your user's account on the space "Cady Studios" (see the attachment below).

image.png

As mentioned on this page, please note that Confluence Administrators aren't necessarily Space Administrators. 

image.png

Thank you.

Regards,
Boris

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Isaac,

Where exactly are you seeing this error? The screenshot you sent doesn't appear to be from the integrations page since the layout and font are a bit different. Could you show me how it looks on the page itself that you are seeing?

You mentioned Confluence integrations for spaces, can you tell me where you are going for that? I assumed the Application Links section?

Regards,

Shannon

Isaac Rickert February 26, 2019

Here's a video. I go to this space's settings, select integrations, get the error.

https://www.screencast.com/t/krieCHvl

Like Boris MBOUMEHANG likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Isaac,

Thank you for verifying where you are seeing the error. I have never seen this before, and I'm not able to replicate it on my own instance nor find any examples of it in our support queue.

Can you check the following for me?

1. Are you the primary admin for this instance? Do other admins replicate the same problem? If you are the primary admin, would you be able to create a test account with the same permissions and see if you can replicate the issue there as well? If you note that other users are NOT having the issue, can you compare the permissions?
  2. Confirm which browser(s) you're able to replicate this in. Please test in IE/Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc. and let me know what version you tested with.
  3. Clear browser cache.
  4. Test in Incognito / Private Browsing modes.
  5. Check in Developer Tools > Network tab what messages come up when you load the page. You will want to clear what's there first and then load the page so you know all results are from that page.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Boris MBOUMEHANG likes this
Isaac Rickert March 13, 2019

Apologies, Shannon, for just now getting back to you. I believe this is related to permissions on our end. Thank you for your help!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
March 13, 2019

Isaac,

No worries! Can you confirm that you were able to resolve the issue with your permissions? Do you have any questions about it?

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events