Did you mean: 

Getting error message while upgrading Confluence 6.8.1 to 6.13.4

Srimanta_Mukherjee April 19, 2019

When executing the bin file, the following error is received:

confluence$ ./atlassian-confluence-6.13.4-x64.bin
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
Error: dl failure on line 893
Error: failed /confluence/atlassian-confluence-6.13.4-x64.bin.25781.dir/jre/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so, because /confluence/atlassian-confluence-6.13.4-x64.bin.25781.dir/jre/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid

The process stops after that. Ideas?

4 answers

0 votes
Jeem Tan September 24, 2019

So there was no solution to this but alternatives?

I faced a similar problem. But for me, I am performing an upgrade and by using the tar.gz file on my linux 64bit machine, is going to be alot of work.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Hi Jeem,

What specific error are you getting when trying to upgrade? What version of Confluence do you currently have and what version are you trying to upgrade to? What operating system are you using?

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2019

Hi Srimanta,

Confluence 6.13 uses AdoptOpenJDK instead of the previous Oracle JRE for its Java environment. I was able to find similar errors for folks in the OpenJDK project who were running on CentOS 5. What operating system are you running specifically?

If you are on CentOS 5 (or another release from that era), you may get around this by using your system's Java instead. Our requirements for Confluence 6.13 are simply Java 8, either Oracle or AdoptOpenJDK, although in our supported platforms document we advise against a couple specific releases known to have bugs.

Assuming you want to use system Java, we have a walkthrough for using the archive file to install Confluence. This will be a tar.gz file instead of the .bin installer, and takes a little longer to set up than the .bin installer overall.

Let me know if you have questions!

Cheers,
Daniel

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

Hi @Srimanta_Mukherjee ,

Maybe selinux or your OS is x32?

B.R.

The OS version is 64-bit.

confluence$ uname -m
x86_64

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2019

Selinux enabled? If yes try disabled.

0 votes
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 19, 2019

I am not sure about the reason for the error, but are you aware that there is a security advisory that lists the version you are upgrading to as an affected version?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-security-advisory-2019-04-17-968660855.html

Yes Dharma, so tried upgrading to 6.13.4. Got the same error as above.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events