Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Incorrect Isolation level error for Confluence setup

eClerx Orion April 3, 2018

Hi Team,

Request you to please assist in fixing the below error for confluence setup.

"Your database must use 'READ-COMMITTED' as the default isolation level."

I have followed all the instructions specified on this link. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/confluence-fails-to-start-and-throws-mysql-session-isolation-level-repeatable-read-is-no-longer-supported-error-241568536.html

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Tanishka S Chotwani

4 answers

1 vote
Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2018

@eClerx Orion What instruction did you follow? If you modified my.cnf, you need to restart MySQL Server to get it affected.

Otherwise, you can just run these SQL command for your mysql account that is used to connect to database

SET [SESSION | GLOBAL] TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL READ COMMITTED

See https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/set-transaction.html for further information 

0 votes
Khuong Vu March 26, 2021

Please be aware that after following the instructions, the startup would have 2 long pauses that could be perceived as problems, but Confluence will come up.  

I have more information on the long pauses at another post on Atlassian community forum . 

0 votes
aviv@virmach.com October 26, 2018

Got around this by editing /etc/mysql/my.cnf and adding

[mysqld]
transaction-isolation=READ-COMMITTED

Then I restarted mysql.

Shahebaaz Shaikh July 18, 2019

Hi Aviv.

Thanks a lot for adding solution for this quetion. I was stuck same and by mentioning transaction-isolation=Read-committed resolved the issue.

Regards,

Shahebaaz

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2018

Hi,

Since this is an initial setup, please refer back to the doc you linked and try:

or new installations of Confluence, configure the JDBC string as follows to set the sessionVariable to enforce READ-COMMITTED during the initial setup wizard:

&sessionVariables=tx_isolation='READ-COMMITTED'

e.g. jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/confdb?sessionVariables=tx_isolation='READ-COMMITTED'

To restart the setup wizard, delete confluence_home/confluence.cfg.xml then restart Confluence. 

Deleted user August 28, 2019

This is perfect.  When setting up DB, just select the "By connection string" option instead of the "Simple" option.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events