Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get original Confluence URL from a tinyurl?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

A user has given me three tinyurls and asked me to recover the data from the corresponding pages.

Clicking on the links gives me this message:

The page you were trying to reach could not be found. This could be because:

The page does not exist.
The page exists, but you do not have permission to view it.

Since the page could exist but I may not have permission, my first challenge is therefore to determine whether or not the page does exist!

So, is there a way of going from the tinyurl to the full URL for the page so that I can determine whether or not the page actually exists?

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

I can only speak for Confluence 5.10.8 but I think you can tell from the redirect what is what regarding the pages. After calling your tinyurl, you will get either redirected to:

/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=123456789, which translates to "The page exists or is in trash, but you do not have permission to view it" or you will be redirected to /pages/tinyurl.action?urlIdentifier=ABCDE which means, that the page is deleted and also purged from trash.

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2017

Ah, OK. I'm getting redirected to /pages/tinyurl.action ...

Thanks for the assistance.

Philip

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events